DIY activities are fun. They make you creative, plus teach you new ways to decorate your home without spending much money. See how to create a piggy bank at home in simple steps.
How many hours do you spend with your kids a day? 4-5 hours Maybe. You stay busy in office work, kids go to school, and other things keep you engaged for hours. But how do they spend their time during vacations? They play outdoors, sometimes help you in the kitchen, and hang out with friends.
You search for cooking hacks, latest fashion trends, and traveling hacks on the internet. But have you ever searched for any DIY activity to try in your spare time? No? But do you want to try? If yes, then several activities are posted by the experts on the internet to try at home. How about creating a piggy bank for kids? Sounds good?
You might have given them a piggy bank to teach them the value of money. But you have bought it from the store. Right? A piggy bank is an interesting and the most effective way of teaching kids about the value of savings. They might not save big for their purchase but could save for their toys and storybooks. For school going kids, a piggy bank can be an excellent way to make them learn about organizing the funds.
And it is never too late to do anything! So are you interested in making a piggy bank at home? If so, then follow the below steps and surprise your kids with your creativity.
Have you ever imagined creating a piggy bank with plastic bottles? No? Well, I usually throw the bottles in the dustbin. This time, use the bottles to make a piggy bank. Here’s how you can make a piggy bank out of the waste bottles.
1. Steps to follow:
2. Take a wide-mouthed plastic bottle and remove all the labels.
3. Cut a coin-sized rectangular hole in a bottle (any side).
4. Now take four pieces of marbles or wood, whatever you find good, and glue them to the sides of the bottle.
5. You can also paint the bottle to make it beautiful.
6. Take a colored paper and create two ears. Glue them on the side where you made the coin-sized hole.
7. Take a marker and create the eyes. Make two circles on the cap to make piggy’s nose.
Yay! You are done.
Gift your kids this cute piggy bank. This way, they will reuse plastic bottles and would also learn to save the environment.
Steps to follow:
1. Take toilet paper rolls and cut them in half. Cut in a way that you get four tubes that can be made as legs.
2. Paint them in brown or of any color of your choice.
3. Take the tissue box and wrap it with the wrapping paper.
4. Draw a pig’s head on the cardboard and then cut it out. Now draw ears and paint them.
5. Take cotton and roll it like a ball to make a pig’s nose.
6. Now stick the ears on the face and decorate it as you want.
7. Stick the face on the box. With the help of glue, attach the tubes to the bottom of the box.
8. Make a hole from where you will put the coins.
You are done!
Follow the below steps to make a piggy bank with a cereal box:
You can also make a robot or any character with the same technique.
How amazing it would be to convert a mason jar into a piggy bank. Save coins in it and then buy ice cream or party hard on weekends.
Steps to follow:
1. Paint the label area of the jar with chalkboard paint.
2. Write your name or any wish that you want to save money for.
3. Create a hole in the cap through which you will put coins inside the jar.
4. Tape the bottom of the jar and sprinkle the gold glitter to make it appear beautiful.
You might have several ceramic jars at home that are of no use. So, convert it into a beautiful piggy bank with the following steps.
Steps to follow:
1. Use paint or decorate your ceramic jar in the best way possible. Let it dry for a few hours.
2. Take a print out of some beautiful images from books or the internet and stick them on the jar.
3. With the help of a knife, make a hole in the lid. Make sure that it is large enough so that you can put coins/dollars in it.
4. Put the lid on the jar and decorate it more if needed.
The ceramic jar is a lot fancier than other piggy banks that you would create through a paper plate or plastic bottles.
You can also make piggy banks at home and give them a return gift at your kids’ birthday party. Isn’t it is a great option? Why spend thousands when you can gift something unique under your budget. You can also create a toy car at home and gift them to whoever comes first in the game.
So, besides sweet treat ideas, don’t forget to include DIY activities as a game on your kid’s birthday. Reward them with the piggy bank you created and also teach them money-saving skills. The piggy bank is not only meant for kids; instead, an adult can also use it to save the spare money.
Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy things that you want, and it is the same thing. What are your thoughts on it?
Did you find this piggy bank activity interesting? If not, you can also try creating a toy butterfly with your kids. With this activity, they would learn how to make the best use of waste material and to keep the environment clean.
Poems are a way to express feelings in the form of verse. Some poems are written in such a way that tells us where we are and wh...
Pictures speak a thousand words for those who understand its language. But an art that depicts the same is rare to confront. Fre...