Just like your outfits, your smartphone has become washable now. This phone will not only reflect your sense of fashion but also can be washed without any worries of it being damaged or dysfunctional.
The world’s first smartphone that can even be washed with hand soap and water is launched by Kyocera as DIGNO Rafre KYV36. You can even use warm water up to 43-degrees to clean the smartphone. It is durable as it is resistant to impact and can be used when it is wet.
Check out its amazing and unique features and specifications right here.
Some Interesting Features of DIGNO Rafre KYV36
- Waterproof and resistant to foaming hand soap: Though soap water has higher permeability because it lowers the water surface tension, this smartphone improved waterproof performance that can be used with foaming hand soap by utilizing integral molding of the packing parts that passed Kyocera’s proprietary tests.
- Hot water resistance makes it ideal for use while washing hands or bathing. Besides its waterproof performance, it has resistance properties against hot water. This smartphone is equipped with a touch panel display that can be operated even if your hand or the screen is wet, letting you bathe as you watch a video or use the device.
- Scratch healing to self heal minor abrasions: The smartphone’s back face is coated with scratch healing material that allows self-healing of daily minor abrasions. It helps keep the phone in pristine condition.
- Greater Durability: The display utilizes scratch-resistant, high-strength Dragontrail X glass to protect the display from scratches. It was washed more than 700 times to examine its durability. It also has additional protection by a raised periphery structure in which the display is slightly recessed, which prevents it from accidental drops. It also possesses vibration resistance enabling safe use in vibrating environments like bikes and motorbikes & temperature resistance, allowing users to enjoy winter sports.
- It is ideal for kids who like to use mobiles.
- It is resistant to shock, water, and dust.
- It has an elegant, sleek design with 2-tone colors and an easy-to-grasp round form.
Kyocera DIGNO rafre KYV36 Specifications
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) TFT LCD display with Dragontrail X glass for scratch protection
- Dimensions: 71 × 141 × 10.1 mm
- Weight: 155g
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 16GB internal memory (ROM), 2GB RAM, expandable memory with microSD/ microSDHC/ microSDXC (up to 128GB)
- 13MP main camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Waterproof with IPX5/IPX8 ratings and Dustproof with an IP5X rating
- 4G LTE and VoLTE capability, 3G HSPA+
- Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ (2.4 GHz only)
- 3,000mAh battery with 160 minutes of charging time
- Available in Cashmere White, Coral Pink, and Marine Navy color choices
- Continuous Call Time/Continuous Standby Time: Approx. 1,300 minutes (VoLTE) / Approx. 790 hours (4G LTE/ WiMAX2+)
- Other external devices: Stereo earphone jack
Smartphones are a ubiquitous and must-have accessory for everyone. Its use has expanded over the years from calls and texts to other uses like surfing recipes while cooking in the kitchen and harsh outdoor environments. So DIGNO rafre KYV36 is the best choice as it could be easily cleaned. It comes at an estimated price of 57,240 Yen, and it went up for sale across Japan from 11 December 2015.
Are you surprised how a smartphone is so durable despite all these advanced features? Well, it might seem unbelievable, but it isn’t! However, it’s prudent to be careful as you’re handling this world’s hand-soap-washable smartphone and not be too careless regardless of the robust features.