While some facts are useful, others are hilarious and could blow your mind. Can you believe someone has paid $10,000 for invisible artwork?
If you love browsing the internet, then you must have read interesting and amazing facts about several things. These facts could entertain you when you are bored and also prepare you for the most LOL questions.
So, here we have compiled a few hilarious and weird facts about several things that you won’t believe are true.
1. Animals that lay eggs don’t have belly buttons.
2. Farts have been clocked at a speed of up to 15-16kmph.
3. If the radius of Pizza is Z and its thickness is A, then its volume can be calculated as PIZZA (you’ll get this only if you are a math lover).
4. You must have played the Rock Paper Scissor game in your school. But do you know in the US, there’s an official Rock Paper Scissors league?
5. In ancient Greece, there’s a word idiot, specifically referred to non-politicians.
6. Steve Jobs relieved his stress by soaking his feet in Apple’s company toilets.
7. Almost is the longest word in English, with letters in alphabetical order.
8. According to studies, people would eat over 35000 cookies in their lifetime.
9. Over 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets every year.
10. Mosquitoes are attracted to people who have just finished eating bananas.
11. The majority of toilet paper sold in France is pink.
12. Nobody knows who invented the first fire hydrant because its patent was burned in a fire.
13. The scientific name for the western lowland gorilla is Gorilla gorilla gorilla.
14. The supreme court has its private basketball court with an amazing nickname. The court is on the top floor of the court with the nickname the highest court in the land.
15. Do you have a fear of long words? This phobia of long words is known as hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Here are other phobias that people believe blindly.
16. Cows moo with regional accents. According to a UK professor in an article for BBC News,
"In small populations such as herds you would encounter identifiable dialectical variations which are most affected by the immediate peer group.”
17. China has censored the word censorship.
18. You can even hire scary clowns in Switzerland to scare children.
19. There’s a town with a population of one in Monowi, Nebraska. It is the only town in the United States with an official population of one. Yes, the person who lives there owes taxes and is also employed as a librarian, mayor, and bartender.
20. A quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet.
21. You won’t believe this, but you share birthdays with over 9 million people in the world.
22. You can never sneeze when you are asleep due to the brain shutting down the reflex.
23. Another hilarious fact is that over 80,000 people have graduated from McDonald’s university with a degree in Hamburgerology.
24. The last movie rented from Blockbuster before it closed its door was This is The End.
25. Bananas can’t reproduce. It's a seedless hybrid of two plant species. To create new ones, they don’t reproduce but require farmers to transplant part of the plant's stem. Also, banana peels make great water filters.
26. The founder of M&M’s, Forrest Mars, couldn’t eat his invention, as he was allergic to peanuts.
27. Benjamin Franklin was a great prankster that the Declaration of Independence had to be proofread to ensure that he didn’t write anything hilarious or silly.
28. Snakes can predict earthquakes from 75 miles away and even up to 5 days before it happens.
29. Lizards communicate by doing push-ups. Whereas, Lobsters communicate through their bladders. They have bladders on their heads and communicate by urinating at each other. Do you know how other animals communicate?
30. If you eat enough carrots for several weeks, then it might increase the beta-carotene in your body and could turn your skin orange.
32. High-heels were initially designed for men. When heels came into fashion in the 10th century, they were designed for men. It was nearly the 18th century when women wore heels more than men.
33. There’s a flower called Psychotria in Central and South America that looks like a puckering mouth covered in lipstick.
34. You might find this hilarious, but a dairy cow produces up to 3% more milk while listening to music. They don’t like country music like Willie Nelson.
35. There is McDonald's on every continent except Antarctica.
36. Japanese square watermelons are not edible; they are used only for ornamental purposes.
37. It took the creator of Rubik’s Cube one month to solve the cube after he created it.
38. Another hilarious thing about the human nose is it could remember 50,000 different scents.
39. You fart an average of 15 times a day, and each fart travels from your body at 7-8mph.
40. The largest living organism in the world is a fungus. It covers over 2200 acres and is still growing.
41. One of the major ingredients to make dynamite is peanuts.
42. The Vatican city is the country that drinks wine per capita at 74 liters per citizen per year.
43. Kangaroos can’t walk backward.
44. There’s also a chocolate-smelling poop pill available for chocolate lovers.
45. When you sleep, you can’t smell anything really bad or rotten.
46. Applesauce was the first food eaten by astronauts in space.
47. Another weird fact is snails take the longest naps lasting two-three years.
48. Cans of diet soda can float in water, but regular soda cans sink.
49. The most difficult town to pronounce is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch. This town is located in Wales and had a population of 3107 during the 2011 Census. The long form of the name has 58 characters and is split into 18 syllables. This name was submitted to Guinness World Records as the longest word to appear in a cryptic crossword. Did you pronounce this?
50. There is a 50% probability that in a group of 23 people, two were born on the same day.
Are you a flirt? Obviously, you are and this is why you have clicked this post! Isn’t it? Or perhaps you want to become a fli...
There are number of things in the world to be afraid for. First time presentation, death, dangerous adventurous ride but getting...
The world is full of so many quirky things, some of which are ironical enough to make you laugh and think hard! Let me give you...